Thursday, June 19, 2014

Roses Over the Fence

Roses Over the Fence
Watercolor on paper, 6x4
As I explore these watercolors on paper, I find I have way more questions than answers.  Perhaps, I really should do a little study in this new medium - instead of going all willy-nilly with brushes in hand!  When painting in oils, I am working towards a much more realistic coloring of the landscape.  When in watercolor, I don't feel at all constricted to my "realism box".  Why is this?  I also find I am pushing my colors in a more vivid direction.  I have many colors I have not even tried yet - I may have some real favorites out there that I haven't even squeezed out of the tube!  This is painting number 535 in 535 days :)

9 comments:

  1. luv the fact that it looks like a photo. Have a nice Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work and I can only say again 'well done'. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice watercolor, you are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:

    http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/06/feline-art-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, I look forward always to seeing your most inspiring posts. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely Tammie! I think that no matter what medium you choose it's sure to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how different mediums bring out different things in us. I think you're doing exactly what you should with watercolor. I'm amazed at your output -- 535! This painting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is glorious.... one of the things I love most about watercolours is that I find myself working with more intense and clearer colour... something about the translucence frees me to be brighter... your wonderful style still shows through the different medium... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painting is beautiful and Wow! that is an achievement to finish 535 paintings in 535 days.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammie you are such an amazing artist. creating this garden with water color!!! Fantastic! Clapping hands for your achievement of 535 paintings. Well done
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete