Monday, July 21, 2014

Beach on Ellison Bay

On location

Beach on Ellison Bay
Oil on panel, 14x11
Ellison Bay, Wisconsin













My first time to Ellison Bay, this spot grabbed me immediately!  I set up my gear and had this painting half finished in no time.  The wind was kicking up and the surf slapping the beach was musical.  I could paint all day while listening to this music.  The oils laid down easily, and when I finished this, I finished another in watercolor.  I was able to paint 4 paintings today - and have so many reference photos for upcoming paintings when I return home.  What a wonderful place to paint all day long.  If I hadn't packed food, I would never stop to eat!  Funniest thing - so far from home, I met a girl from my Zumba class back in Belton, Missouri!  Isn't it a small world?  Painting number 567 in 567 days - I'm on a plein air adventure in Door County, Wisconsin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment