Friday, July 4, 2014

Old Glory over the Garden

Old Glory over the Garden
Oil on panel, 10x8
A little known family fact to celebrate the day - my ancestor, Charles Carroll of Carrollton, signed the Declaration of Independence back in 1776.  So, on this, the Fourth of July, I am painting our flag waving in the breeze out front.  My intention was just to paint a close up flag, but as I was scouting for the right composition, I was led to include more.  The flowers are just beginning their glory, roses, garden phlox, lilies, and yarrow.  Guess what - in my rush to finish and move on to preparations for the party - I forgot to fill in my hanging basket!  Ha!  I will have to do it tomorrow, then upload the corrected painting!  Painting number 550 in 550 days - wishing you all a safe and fun holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment