Monday, July 14, 2014

Pink Rose of Sharon

Pink Rose of Sharon
Watercolor on paper, 5x7
Today, my Aunt Betty came up from Springfield to spend the day, and visit with my parents.  We had a wonderful time catching up on all of the family news!  It is on days like this that I am thankful to have found a medium that I can use so quickly!  Again in watercolors, I have painted from my pink rose of sharon bush.  The paper is small - only 5x7 inches, which also speeds the painting and drying time.  I am leaving this one rather loose, making my statement with the boldness of the colors and values.  I think I will leave this one loose, I just don't feel the need to mark the edges of the less important parts.  I like the way the pinks work against the greens, with a little ultra blue splashed in for good measure.  Tomorrow I will be taking a crazy rubber brayer workshop using acrylics - so I will have a new kind of experiment on tomorrow's post!  This painting makes 560 in 560 days - it will not be long before I reach 600 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment