Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bold Geraniums

Bold Geraniums
Watercolor on paper, 7x5
Working completely off the top of my head today, I just started painting without first composing.  I let the brush wander where it would, dropping in extra color as needed.  It is freeing to paint in such a way, like "seizing the day" with my brush!  As always, I painted three different watercolor paintings at once, allowing of dry time between the first layer and the second.  I like the way these colors mingle and pop - I should use that permanent blue more often!  Today's paper of choice - a 140lb cold-pressed.  This makes painting number 603 in 603 days :)

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty ...wow on being number 603...that is quite a feat...just storing even a third of that must be something else!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the geraniums and fantastic that you manage to keep up with your paintings every day! Hats off to you! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful, such an array of colours and life, a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautiful painting-I am continuously impressed with you artistic talents Tammie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, lovely strong colours. I still cant quite get over how you manage to keep control of the paint on such a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has such a gorgeous blend of colors, Tammie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really shows that you had fun painting this piece! Such a wonderful display of colours ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammie I know you must be getting tired of me saying this, but OMG your art is simply amazing. The colors, depth, the feel of life in each on.
    Have a very nice weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! What artist gets tired of hearing such glowing comments? Thanks so much for the encouragement - after all, each painting is just a lesson :)

      Delete
  9. What great numbers! 603!!! And as usual your art is gorgeous...Beautiful geraniums :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the blue does make it pop. Beautiful flowers. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete