Thursday, August 7, 2014

Early Morning at Moonlight Bay

Early Morning at Moonlight Bay
Oil on panel, 14x11
Bailey's Harbor, Wisconsin
Purchase Information
On location with fellow artists
Heading out at sunrise, several of us set our easels up on the edge of the highway.  This beautiful landscape is a favorite among artists, and we make it a priority to paint it at least once while on the peninsula.  This morning was very cool - 47 degrees in July!  And, yes - I wore my ski jacket as well as an extra pair of pants!  I had wished I'd had it last year, so this year I was sure to pack it!  By the time we were all finished, it was already warming up, and I could shed one of those pants as well as my jacket. I love this peaceful and relaxing spot, it is a joy to paint in such a place!  Painting number 584 in as many days.
On location

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful scenery! You're very talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an exquise piece, Tammie. Plein wire painting sounds like a marvelous experience, even if you had to deal with the cold weather in the morning. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are indeed a very talented artist. Love your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, what a wonderful experience that must be to paint with other artists. This is a beautiful painting of a lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful spot, but you have painted it to show it as even more beautiful, wonderful art work from real life, so difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete