Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rue du Le Barroux

Rue du Le Barroux
Oil on panel, 12x9
Purchase Information
Thank goodness, one of my Tri-County friends sent me a text reminder about today's workshop!  One of my dear friends was giving a demo - and brought many of her reference shots from her recent painting trip to France!  I did not want to miss this, but alas, I almost did!  Arriving late, I got there just in time to start painting.  Picking out a couple of my favorite shots, I started in on this lovely street scene in Le Barroux.  I painted most of this with my brushes, but did finish off the masses with my palette knife.  New on the palette today - Gamblin's caucasian skin, cad chartreuse, and nickel titanate yellow.  You can see these paints used all over this painting, in the foliage, on the stone buildings and the street.  I think this may only be my second or third cityscape ever, so I still think I need a lot more practice!  Perhaps I will start painting some of the Google Earth street views, as so many other artists do......or maybe I should just get to travel more!  Painting number 591 in 591 days :)

14 comments:

  1. Another fantastic painting! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot fathom that this cityscape painting is new to you- you truly are a master of painting Tammie-this is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Linda's comments, its a fab painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Tammie. I think your street scene is outstanding. I'm glad you made it to the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic painting! I love the blue colour in this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always manage to bring such a feeling of warmth and tranquility in your paintings. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK so are you just pulling our legs about this cityscape. It feels like you have been painting them forever. There is so much depth of field and the colors move with ease through the entire painting. I really like the chartreuse and nickel. Makes everything pop. I am so glad you made it on time so we can all see this masterpiece.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous painting. Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting style is always so wonderful! How lovely, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so struck by your style...it seems to be that of the old masters. This just fills my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give. The colors, the feel--I can't describe what your work inspires in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O wow! This one is incredible! Love the feel of it :)
    Deepa
    http://www.deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly stunning! I love the blue shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow 591 paintings in as many days. That is stamina. Your art is fantastic and I am sure your challenge is helping you lots along the way. Good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete