Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hidden Garden

Hidden Garden
Watercolor on paper on board, 12x9
Brush Creek Art Walk - Theis Park quick paint
Purchase Information
For the quick paint at Theis Park today, I decided to try a new paper, mounted on birch - and my watercolors!  I almost always use my oils in a quick paint, I am so comfortable with them.  Why not change things up, throw in a curve ball for the competition?  Well, I may be crazy, but it was fun!  This paper was interesting, too - it has a large, dimple like pattern all over it.  I think I may have gotten carried away with the color again, but you only live once (as my children tell me)!  On Tuesday, I will glaze over this with my Golden regular gel gloss medium, as a final layer.  This will seal the surface, thus eliminating the need for glass.  This is painting number 623 in 623 days and Day 13 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment