Friday, September 26, 2014

Sunflower FIeld at Kill Creek Farm

Sunflower Field at Kill Creek Farm
Oil on panel, 14x11
Sunflower Fest Plein Air Event, DeSoto, Kansas
The morning light was gorgeous on this field of sunflowers at the Kill Creek farm today.  I set up out in the full sun, but at 8:00am, I knew I had time to get this painted before it got too hot.  I loved this composition, the way the angles of sunflower rows and background trees complimented each other.  Perfect weather had me shedding my jacket by 10:00, and finishing by 11:00, ready to start another!  I thoroughly enjoyed this whole process of painting!  Pushing and pulling the paint was a joy, and the bees buzzing from one bloom to another were my constant companions.  This painting won Best of Show today, and is my 635th painting in as many days.  Also, the 25th painting in the
Best of Show
current 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment