Friday, October 17, 2014

Autumn in Batik

Autumn in Batik
Watercolor, ink, wax on masa rice paper, 8x5
purchase here
The leaves are really showing there color north of the river!  Another full day of painting in Parkville - and three more paintings finished.  I have just arrived home - and am too tired to worry about getting photos of my work without natural light.  So, I will have to get all six done in the morning be fore I head back out to paint.  On this painting, I am experimenting with the batik method on the landscape. This was a quick study, and the masa is more resistant to the watercolor applied after the wax than the thin rice paper.  I like the effect, but I will need to do a few of these to get comfortable with them.  This is painting number 656 in 656 days.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Tammie. I love the effect and the slight texture of the paper. Your trees look like what we have here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color palette, and I agree, the texture really adds to the beauty of your painting!

    ReplyDelete