Tuesday, October 28, 2014

First Impressions of Fairfield

First Impressions of Fairfield
Oil on panel, 9x12
Fairfield Fall Foliage Paint Out
purchase here
Quick Paint
On Location
This painting is from the Quick Paint at the Fairfield Fall Foliage Paint Out.  This charming town is full of historic buildings - and this was the very first one that caught my eye.  The morning was cold and windy - and I was so thankful to have brought my ski jacket!  Toasty in my layers, it was a fun 2 hour paint! This town was a delight to enjoy for four days this October - and I am looking forward to next year, too!  I don't think I am quite finished with this one - I see areas I would still like to work.  When I get the finishing touches on, I will post an updated photo.  This painting is number 668 in 668 days.  Today finds me in the hospital with my mom, who is here for a full knee replacement surgery.  I have some supplies with me, and will probably have time to start working on some small watercolor sketches tomorrow during her rest times.  I always feel better with a little something to keep my hands busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment