Thursday, October 30, 2014

Portage River in Fall

Portage River in Fall
Watercolor batik on masa paper, 8x5
purchase here
The Portage River runs past my parent's house in Elmore, Ohio, and is a constant source of inspiration when I visit.  This morning, while the grass was still very wet with dew, I walked down the hill and to the water's edge just to get this vantage!  So worth it!  So many of the trees are showing off their yellow foliage - the reflections are stunning!  I first sketched this out with my Pitt india ink pen in sepia, and next filled in with watercolor.  Using the hot wax for some movement in the water, I have left this one rather loose and liquid.  I think I will try to paint several of the river while I'm here!  Painting number 670 in 670 days.

8 comments:

  1. Love how rustic this looks. It give is character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful with the colours and style! Something a little different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning - LOVE it!
    Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful results Tammie. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow very pretty and lovely movement!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete