Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Roses by the Fence

Roses by the Fence
Oil on panel, 6x6
purchase here
Up and out early this morning, my son needed to be at weights by 6:00am.  I don't have pilates until 8:30, so this made the perfect painting window.  The roses are still loaded - and one thing the puppy leaves alone, so they are beautiful!  Painted in the early morning, before the sun was up - this one is moody.  Striving for a little more realism than yesterday, my values are also much closer together.  The paint is rather thick, with the brushwork closely following the shapes they represent.  I need to cut some small panels - as I have run almost out of them.  I prefer the smaller sizes for studies.  This painting makes 660 in 660 days - and I think I will paint a fall landscape I saw earlier for tomorrow's painting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment