Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Looking Down Rice Street

Looking Down Rice Street
Watercolor batik on masa, 8x5
Elmore, Ohio - purchase here
I am working on street scenes again today in Elmore, Ohio.  This charming town of 1200 people is little changed in the last 100 years.  Filled with many historic homes, including the antebellum home of my parents, it is full of nostalgia.  Rice Street is the main street in town, and this view leads us right into downtown Elmore.  I am painting this using the batik method, although I am starting to long for a more traditional approach.  I did bring some regular watercolor paper - in the 140 lb variety, as I had no real intention of using it while I'm here.  Not my favorite weight, but maybe it will be okay.  Painting number 676 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment