Saturday, December 13, 2014

Father Christmas - miniature

Father Christmas - miniature
Oil on canvas, 4x4
sold
With a very long list of things to accomplish within the week, I am now buckling down and working like a machine!  Starting with this vintage style Father Christmas, I sketched three of these today.  I am painting on little canvases, and have the easels to match.  Laying the paint on with Gamblin's solvent free gel - hoping this will increase the drying time for Christmas!  I will also spray these with fast drying oil medium, which will also help.  I know that I should have used acrylics with the time crunch, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!  I have also finished the second, and am moving onto a third - with a Christmas party to attend when Mike gets home!  I think I'll get ready now, and paint right up until the last minute!  Painting number 714 in 714 days.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!! Enjoy the season!
    Happy Holidays!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are AMAZING!!!! I love your Santa! Happy Holidays! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. your father Christmas is awesome Tammie!! Merry Christmas to you and yours-enjoy your festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never tried oils! Too impatient not only about the time involved but also with the clean up involved! Your painting is wonderful! And 714 paintings in the same number of days! Amazing! A blessed Advent season to you from all the way here in the Philippines! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your commitment and persistence inspire me - 714 in 714 days! And all of them so well done. I love the folds in this St. Nick's bag, and how he is leaning to bear the weight of his load:-)

    ReplyDelete