Sunday, December 21, 2014

Santa and His Bag - miniature

Santa and his Bag
Acrylic on canvas, 5x5
Today was a day filled with family, a big pot of chili, and visiting.  It is wonderful to have my dad here - and healthy!!  What a gift this is!!  Now, most of the company is gone - and I return to the easel, painting a vintage Santa surveying his pack!  I started this painting by washing the canvas with a warm yellow acrylic.  Once dry, I then sketched out the scene with a pastel stick.  Using layers of color, I started thin in the sky and dropped in the blue from the top.  You can see the irregular spreading as the paint moved at will.  I'm enjoying the different color palette, and the whimsical nature of these "santas". I still have so much to do - and the time is simply vaporizing!  I'd better get back to work!  Painting number 722 in 722 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment