Sunday, December 14, 2014

Shhhhh! - miniature

Shhhhh!
Oil on canvas, 4x4
sold
Caught with his bag of goodies - Santa doesn't want us to spoil his surprise!  Painting first in oils, today - I was able to finish two more "Santa" pieces.  I've been in such a productive mood, that I even went on to finish a commission - I think!  I'll give it a look with fresh eyes in the morning, just to be sure!  My parents will be here on Saturday, so I am chipping away at my long "to do" list every day until then.  The Christmas season has me wanting to paint all things Christmas each day until then, and this year, the "Santas" have really grabbed my focus!  These paintings are small - only 4x4 inches, so it is pretty challenging to get that detail in, while still using fresh and loose brushwork.  Since I am burning the midnight oil tonight, I guess I had better move on to the next item on my list!  Painting number 715 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment