Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Sax

The Sax
Graphite on bristol, 11x14
purchase here
Well, this is really getting back to my roots!  This traditional drawing in graphite is in the very exact style that comes so natural to me.  With all of the highlights and shadows on the shiny brass - there is an abundance of detail work on this instrument!  I love music of all kinds, playing the piano from early grade school on.  My children have all played something - guitar, clarinets, electric guitar, violin, and I have probably left something out!  Drawing and painting musical instruments is also very appealing to me.  It is the very act of looking so closely to an object, then transferring that to paper or panel.  This is completely done with the softest of pencils - the 8B, which is also water-soluable.  This piece makes 711 in 711 days!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and detailed work of art, Tammie. The shiny brass is so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is amazing. Those details! It looks like a photogrpah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning... and the detail is just wonderful... I adore 8B... it is the perfect balance of rich black but still capable of the softest light tones... this is gorgeous...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous details....I sure hope you sell this as prints...I can see musicians loving it framed in a music room!! Or as greeting cards for a musician as well! We are huge music fans as well!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness, this is a lot of loving detail and it turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. It IS stunning. The detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete