Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Winter at the Pond

Winter at the Pond
Oil on panel, 4x6
purchase here
I want to paint a new winter scene for my living room before the holidays.  So, in quest of the perfect composition, I am painting a few small studies - just to see what I like the most.  This is the first of those.  it is late enough, that I have lost the good light for photographing, so the color here is not true.  The blues are much more gray, and there is quite a glare coming in from the right side and reflecting off the oils.  I will try to get a better image tomorrow - if I can find the time!  this is the season where each day is even busier than the last! I have two other landscapes sketched out as possibilities, and maybe I will even be able to start on one of those tonight.  With my commission work on the front burner, I don't have much time for this little project, but I always like something fresh on the walls before company comes!  This painting makes 703 in 703 days.  Now, I'm off to support our Belton Robotics Team at the local Chipotle!  Michaela and Michael will benefit from the proceeds - so I hope we have a great turn-out tonight!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, very wintry! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great winter scene Tammie. Enjoy the weekend. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!!

    Smiles, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful winter scene. Love the bright blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the winter scene! It really is beautiful and so peaceful ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the winter scene. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful serene winters scene with some lovely calm water movement!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete