Sunday, January 25, 2015

All Sail and No Anchor

All Sail and No Anchor
Oil on canvas panel, 7x5
original sold - print available here
Today finds me switching gears and looking towards the open water for my subject matter.  I have only painted a sprinkling of boat/ship seascapes, but they always call to me.  There is something very special about being on the open water, sailing fast and quiet with the wind in your hair.  This feeling of freedom is alluring, and calls to be painted.  This is the smallest seascape I have done - only 7x5 inches.  I like how the tooth of the canvas captures spots of paint in the water - like the sparkle on the surface.  This is painting number 757 in 757 days and Day 26 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting over at my place. I took a look back at your paintings. They are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love everything about this painting! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete