Saturday, January 31, 2015

End of Day

End of Day
Oil on wood panel, 10x8
purchase here
The idea for this painting came from a dear friend today - just when I couldn't decide whether to go grocery shopping or paint!  Well, I never did get those groceries - so I'm hoping the snow isn't too bad tomorrow!  This painting was a study in values and "marrying" the colors of cool and warm by sprinkling them around the scene.  I brought the composition together with reference I had from the civil war reenactment and my vast supply of barn photos.  I rarely do this, I normally just paint from reference, all the parts already in the shot.  This painting is good practice for the next one I have started in the same theme!  Painting number 763 in 763 days :)

18 comments:

  1. This looks really FINE! You are so talented, Tammie!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story that this tells without reading your post or the title. Wonderful work.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a breathtaking piece of Americana. Happy PPF! #34

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me Tammie, I LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normally a snow scene make me feel cold but the warm light coming from the barn gives me a warm cozy feeling. Beautiful work, excellent composition. I like the old weathered looking barn. Good idea to skip the groceries. I'm suppose to be doing that right now too ;) Thanks for sharing, happy Paint Party Friday :)
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glow coming from within the barn and spreading to the outside scene-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's inspirational! Love the warm & cool colors. I'm especially attracted to the warm lights coming from the barn glowing onto the snow.
    Thanks for sharing your talents.
    G'ma Nancy in central, IL U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lot of talent. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do an amazing job with your paintings, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so impressive with the different way the light is shown, the light flowing out from the barn, the light from the snow reflection and the light in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! So much depth it almost seems 3-D....wonderful love the light in the barn. Such a classically beautiful piece!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. This is gorgeous. I love how you have captured the light in the barn. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful how you placed the light and thanks for sharing your thoughts on technique!
    Happy PPF
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete