Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January Warmth

January Warmth
Oil on canvas panel, 7x5
purchase here
I live in the country on 25 acres with ponds, pastures and wooded areas.  It is absolutely the perfect place for an artist to live!  I am surrounded by natural beauty which has been in my family for seven decades.  I am never at a loss of something to paint, I can simply walk the grounds and be inspired.  I am lately being pulled towards the barn and outbuildings, so these will no doubt pop up in my daily paintings one day soon!  This is painting number 753 in 753 days, and Day 22 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Painting! How fortunate you are to live around such beautiful inspiration This challenge has been quite daunting for me at times but good at the same time, thinking about continuing it after the challenge. How do you like being a daily painter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherri! Daily painting has become a habit for me now. I start thinking about where my "painting window" is in my day as I am washing my face and brushing my teeth. The best thing about daily painting is how it frees me up to paint and try anything - if it doesn't work out, who cares? There is always tomorrow. I have seen so much growth in my work, that it keeps me painting - I don't want that growth to end. I HIGHLY recommend you stick with it - you will not regret it :)

      Delete
  2. I love this grand painting! Even though it's cold, it's a very inviting space with that great sunlight. I, too, live on acreage and you're right, there is never NOT anything you can paint. I am amazed that you have daily painted for 753 days. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pattie! Maybe our surroundings keep us inspired - I don't think I would be so inspired in an urban setting. I love being surrounded by living, breathing nature - it is soothing and healing as well as inspiring :)

      Delete