Monday, January 26, 2015

Marblehead Lighthouse

Marblehead Lighthouse
Oil on canvas panel, 6x8
bid here
There is a majestic beauty to a lighthouse.  Not only are they a beacon of hope on a dark night, they stand tall and proud against nature's wrath.  This one is in Marblehead, a place we visit almost annually, whenever we are up to see my parents near Lake Erie.  The vintage town is so full of charm!  I love to pour through the galleries and shops unique to the area.  From the other side of this lighthouse, you can look across the water and see the amusement park, Cedar Point way off in the distance - another favorite with the family!  I think this is only the second time I have painted this lighthouse, the first time an autumn scene done in acrylics.  I have taken photos of several different lighthouses through the years.  I really need to find them to use for reference material in more paintings.  This is painting number 758 in 758 days, Day 27 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment