Thursday, January 29, 2015

Milk Barn in January

Milk Barn in January
Oil on wood panel, 10x8
purchase here
Today, I am going no further than the pasture for my subject matter.  I should have done this yesterday - when it was sunny and 72 degrees, instead of windy and in the 40's!  We are expecting snow on Saturday, so I will hopefully have some snowy scenes from the barn lot to paint in the coming days.  The paint is rather thick on this one, and the more I use my palette knife, the more I want to explore other blade options.  I think a small squared edge would be ideal to pay in those doors and windows with a stroke.  With the rounded edges - as nearly all of mine are - these sharp edges are so much harder to achieve, involving some wiggling of the knife edge.  Silly!  I will look for something new the very next time I am at the art supply store!  This painting makes 761 in 761 days, and Day 30 of the 30 Day painting Challenge!  Now for a little shopping with my daughter, who has been nominated for "Winter Warming" Royalty :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed viewing your lovely paintings this month!
    Kudos to YOU on a job WELL DONE =

    ReplyDelete