Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Schoolhouse in Winter

Schoolhouse in Winter
Oil on canvas panel, 7x5
original sold - print available here
I have added a new color to my palette!  Running low on one of my favs, ultramarine blue, I started digging through my tubes.  I found ultramarine violet first, and thought, hmmmmmm - I wonder what this will do!  Using it for my blue in this scene, it lends a clear, icy color to the scene.  Pushing the whites towards pink, these colors work well together - and it is SO fun to mix up the same old colors for a change!  I will be using it for a while - since I accidently squirted too much onto my palette!  I will be mixing it with all kinds of things in the coming days!  Painting number 752 in 752 days, and Day 21 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment