Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sir Pounce

Sir Pounce
Oil on canvas panel, 5x7
original sold - print available here
Switching gears today, I am capturing one of our beautiful cats in oils.    When I awake in the morning, one of the first things I am thinking is, "where is my painting window today.......and what do I feel like painting?"  I always have a list of things I'd like to improve my skills on, and sometimes I will let this be my guide.  But today, I really just felt like capturing a little cat beauty!  Sir Pounce is one of our sweet, mild mannered cats, so like his mom.  No misbehaving from this little guy, ever - and I think this is the first time I have painted him.  Thinking this painting would just drop off the brush, I tried to squeeze it into a "too small" slot of time.  Leaving it undone, I picked up my son from a friend's house to return to it later.  The momentum broken with even more distractions, it took more effort to bring it to completion.  Just another day in my life of painting.  How sweet it would be to just come to my easel with no interruptions for as long as I wished.  Well, that is certainly not real life!  So, I roll with all those distractions, almost always starting and stopping a painting multiple times before calling it done.  This is painting number 749 in 749 days, and Day 18 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Tammie, your Sir Pounce came out beautiful. Even with all those distractions, you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work indeed! Sir Pounce looks like he is looking at something he is ready to pounce on. Tee hee.:) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the soft colors and all the brush strokes-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I would never trust myself painting my kitty cat,,,Happy PPF - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love his adorable profile and the background is really full of beautiful movement...love it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work again, even with all distractions!

    ReplyDelete