Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Snow on the Creek Bank

Snow on the Creek Bank
Oil on panel, 7x5
original sold - print available here
Missouri is full of winding creeks like this one.  I have to cross creek beds on each road to my house, no matter what direction I approach from.  Ever looking for subject matter, I look up and down these beauties with each crossing.  The light and color of each day and season is so unique, that the paintings of the same place seldom look the same.  In fact, the way I choose to crop in or out, completely changes the composition of the exact place.  I think I will paint another of this in a large size for my own house!  Painting number 745 in 745 days and Day 14 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Tammie, your work is amazing. I don't know how you can paint fast enough to do one a day but I for one am enjoying seeing all that you do. This snow scene is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always most impressed that you get so much really good work done! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful scene. Looks very cold, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, this is indeed a good job, those touches that give it depth and that environment you've got with your palette of cool colors and a few warm touches. All Right !! Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrrr-r-r- this looks cold! Beautiful but very cold. Your colors are perfect. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, a large one would be fabulous in your home!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! I love the strokes and paint textures you have in this scene. And thanks so much for your comment and info on my blog. Will check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful rendition of the creek bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to do a painting class with you! Very beautiful painting and interesting technique, as far as I can see it!
    Happy PPF
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete