Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Snowy Creek Barn

Snowy Creek Barn
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas, 5x5
bid here
I am running out of painting surfaces!  For a daily painter - this is not good at all!  I much prefer having 12 in each size I may want to paint in, so I can simply pick up what I want, when I want it.  I am getting so low, that now my surfaces are dictating to me how I should compose them!  Yikes!  One more thing to squeeze into my super full schedule!  This peaceful, winding creek and barn are my chosen art therapy of the day.  With family over all day, I have come to the easel late indeed.  Without a plan in my mind's eye, I let this painting unfold naturally.  Colors guided me, working from the background forward, and finishing with the palette knife.  This painting makes 746 in 746 days, Day 15 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge.  I still have much to do before bedtime.........

No comments:

Post a Comment