Monday, January 5, 2015

Warmth on Winter Snow

Warmth on Winter Snow
Watercolor on paper, 9x6
purchase here
I'm not sure whether or not I have used this watercolor block before, but after painting - I find it very difficult to remove the sheet from the block!  This is Aquarelle Arches 300lb, cold pressed, 100% cotton.  I have two paintings on the single sheet, and now I can only hope that I don't ruin either one in the removal process.  I used drawing gum as a resist in the sketching stage, then quickly and loosely dropped in color.  The sun was just showing through, giving a warm brown light to woods and water.  Painting number 737 in 737 days, and Day 6 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge :)

1 comment:


  1. Hi Tammy,

    I LOVE your watercolors, and you are on a roll--737 in 737, wow! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll look forward to looking at your blog more and seeing what you create next. Enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete