Friday, February 20, 2015

Clouds Over the Inlet

Clouds Over the Inlet
Oil on panel, 7x5
purchase here
I recently sold a cloudscape, and it occurred to me that it has been a long time since I have painted skies.  So, after a day full of the KU Expo with my youngest son, I returned home - thinking about beautiful skies!  When looking at the sky, the higher you look, the more violet the blue.  The closer to the horizon, the warmer the blue.  The clouds reflect some of the ground color, which is reflected into the water.  It is important to shape the clouds with warms and cools - and thick paint in places to really add to their dimension.  I reveled in this painting - and I'm ready to start another!  Perhaps, I will paint several while the mood strikes me!  Painting number 783 in 783 days :)

5 comments:

  1. I love it when I can not only enjoy the beauty of a painting but also learn something from the artist. Thank you, Tammie, for the lesson about the warmth of the blues positionally. I hope you will be doing many more cloudscapes. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky, clouds, so difficult to paint but you did great work! I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a painting a day! for 738 days! i am so jealous and impressed and INSPIRED!
    thank you for this post <3
    xo,
    amy

    ReplyDelete