Saturday, February 7, 2015

Kansas City from Kaw Point

Kansas City from Kaw Point
Oil on wood panel, 10x8
MVIS Paint-Out - purchase here
Oh, it feels SO good to be out painting plein air again!  Planned by the  Missouri Valley Impressionist Society, this is my first time to Kaw Point - where the Missouri River and the Kansas (Kaw) River meet.  Watching the ice flow rush down the river while painting was surreal.  That ice moves at a pretty good clip!  On the land mass at the left side of this painting, an eagle nest lie in the upper part of a tree.  Two eagles arose and soared above the river periodically, only once at the same time. This park is located on the north side of Kansas City, so I am looking south to capture this view.  It is wonderful to be painting with my artist friends again, especially on a warm February day (almost 70) - even though the wind off that ice was a bit chilly!  This is the life! Painting number 771 in 771 days :)
on location
On location with ice flow on Missouri River   

5 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful!
    I checked your other paintings too - really nice, you're very talented!
    I'm not that persistent, even imagine, to paint like you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting, you really captured the chilly river even though it was 70 degrees out.
    I haven't been plein air painting in so long, seeing you with your friends makes me want to get outside and paint! Thanks for stopping by my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like you're having fun! The painting is beautiful ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting session looks like so much fun. Lucky you not to have feet of snow on the ground. Thanks for your kind words on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That painting session looks like so much fun. Lucky you not to have feet of snow on the ground. Thanks for your kind words on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete