Sunday, February 15, 2015

Red Umbrellas in Fish Creek

Lunch in Fish Creek
Oil on panel, 10x8 - purchase here




This painting has a secret - another painting underneath it!  I have done this before, but today I decided to show the progress as I painted over the first landscape.  I chose it because it was a bit lack-luster, and I don't want to leave substandard paintings in my wake!  My pastel sketch lines are visible, where I simply drew my composition over the existing painting.  The second "in progress" pic shows how I have painted down, adding in details.  I have finished this painting after dark, and you can see how the color is visibly warmer under the artificial light than the north light I work in.  I will try to take a pic tomorrow in good light - as the colors are cooler than they appear!  I pulled this from my Door County reference photos, and I think it is in Fish Creek, but I can't remember the name of this place!  The gardens were fabulous - and the ambiance so charming, it simply begged to be painted! Painting number 778 in 778 days :)


2 comments:

  1. tammie you made me laugh out loud with your comment! Thank you!!! love your paintings...so scenic and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete