Monday, February 9, 2015

Standing at Kill Creek

Standing at Kill Creek
Oil on wood panel, 18x14
purchase here
Mondays are busy days now that I am teaching two classes - so I have to plan ahead when it comes to my own painting.  I am working on a larger scale today - 18x14.  Starting this one yesterday between breakfast and family bowling, I got back to my easel twice today to get it painted.  The landscape reference came from a MVIS paint-out we had some time back by Kill Creek in Kansas.  Such a beautiful place with this rambling wide creek.  I used some of my own reenactment reference for the figures - since that is my focus for the month!  I'm not quite sure it is done.  I am going to leave it on the easel and look with fresh eyes tomorrow, and see how I feel about it then.  This is painting number 772 in 772 days.

1 comment: