Sunday, March 15, 2015

Palette Knife Crocus

Palette Knife Crocus
Oil on panel, 7x5
original sold - print available
Surprise!  Palette knife craziness going on!  Sometimes, a wild and crazy notion just takes hold under my skin - and I have to bust out and let it have it's way!  That is exactly what is happening this afternoon!  While waiting for my husband to bring home some more mulch - I am using this time wisely to express my new blooms with my favorite palette knife.  As with every time I start experimenting, the first strokes are awkward and unnatural.  But, each stroke becomes easier, and the way to manipulate the knife more clear.  This one is painted on a smooth surface, but I am headed now for the canvas!  Painting number 806 in 806 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding! Lovely colors and light, I can sense spring here :)
    So many beautiful posts below here, and I do love the cat!

    ReplyDelete