Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Robin in the Pear Tree

Robin in the Pear Tree
Oil on wood panel, 10x8
purchase here
The flowering pear outside of my bedroom window is bursting with delicate white blooms!  Spring has really arrived when the robins start looking for nesting spots!  Last year, they nested in the mulberry tree - I hope they will return to the same location!  Today, my chosen blue is prussian - it makes this wonderful warm blue sky. Transparent red oxide is just right for the robin, and my thickest white paint for the palette knife work is the best - if only my radiant white from Gamblin had arrived......it would be perfect for this painting! I think I'll top it off for the brightest highlights on the petals when it does come in.  This painting makes 822 in 822 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment