Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sailing Serenade

Sailing Serenade
Oil on hardboard panel, 7x5
original sold - print available here
After a day full of the gym, painting class, hours of yard work, and relaxing on the balcony with a hard lemonade - I come to my easel late!  Choosing a seascape with some of my photo reference, I am painting small with brush and palette knife.  I begin by negatively painting the sky, then I drop in the cloud colors.  Gently mingling between the two with a soft sable brush, I then go in with the palette knife for some thick, juicy paint.  I treat the water in a similar fashion by painting in first with the brush, and then laying thick color on with the edge of my knife, creating a little wave action with the stroke.  This is painting number 805 in 805 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment