Sunday, April 12, 2015

April Magnolia

April Magnolia
Oil on unstretched canvas, 4x4
purchase here
Each day, it seems my magnolia tree grows more beautiful - so abundant with blooms it is!  I simply can't resist capturing such wonder in oils!  I have used my new brushes on this small painting - and how I wish I had bought one in every size!  There will be no time for going by the art supply store before I leave town, so I will have to make due with what I have.  These connoisseur 2102 brushes are holding their shape so well, and I love the way the paint cleans out of them so quickly with safflower oil.  They are synthetic, which is new to me, but so far, I have not found a single down side. The marks they make are clean and they blend like a charm.  I just love finding new, amazing art supplies!  It feels like Christmas! Painting number 834 in 834 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment