Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Historic Bentel House

on location
Historic Bentel House
Oil on canvas panel, 9x12
New Harmony, Indiana - purchase here
Built between 1814 and 1825, these Harmony Society buildings dot the streets of New Harmony, Indiana.  A beautiful dogwood was putting on a show at the George Bentel House, and drew me right in.  The way the white petals caught the light against the brick was a bit of a challenge to capture, but it was also what most attracted me to this house, so I had to forge ahead until I had accurately portrayed the feeling this place gave me.  The town's people are all so friendly, it is such a welcoming place to stand on the street corners and paint!  It seems like everyone drives golf carts instead of cars - and they all come by to see what you're up to, and visit a bit. This place is unlike any other that I have painted, and it is such a pleasure to have hit the peak of spring bloom here!  Painting number 844 in 844 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment