Friday, April 10, 2015

Open Red Tulips

Open Red Tulips
Oil on unstretched canvas, 4x4"
purchase here
Oh my goodness - what a VERY full day!  My day was completely scheduled until I arrived home tonight after Michael's baseball game - and when I did get home, I sure didn't feel like painting.  Then, after grabbing something light to eat, the creativity started to creep back into my veins.  Before I knew it, I was choosing something I love to paint - flowers, and a tiny canvas - only 4x4 inches square.  I had taken this photo in the morning - which is a good thing since it is now way past dark!  I tried a couple of new brushes today - and they are synthetic!  I ALWAYS use natural hair brushes, but I really liked the feel and bend of these in the store, so I brought them home.  And guess what - I love them!  Connoisseur 2102 - in a 4 and a 6.  I think I will be buying more of these.  We'll just see how they do with the next three weeks of heavy plein air painting!  Painting number 832 in 832 days.

1 comment: