Friday, April 3, 2015

Pond in Spring - miniature

Pond in Spring - miniature
oil on canvas, 4x4"
Storms during the night lingered into the morning, creating dramatic skies in it's wake.  As the sun popped through the clouds, the awakening spring foliage seemed to glow - and simply had to be my subject for today.  Taking a few quick photos, I had to run on to Zumba and a hard core intervals class, only to arrive home with enough time to shower before spending all day shopping with my daughters for a Prom dress.  We found some unbelievable deals - and the perfect dress!  And here it is, the eleventh hour again, as I approach my easel for my daily painting.  I'm tired, but the puppy is not, so I have finished my painting as he has romped and chewed on my toes.  This landscape is TINY - only 4x4 inches.  But, honestly, it is all I have in me for tonight.  This is my 825th painting in 825 days - and now, my bed is calling me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment