Saturday, April 18, 2015

Red Buds in the Peony Garden


Red Buds in the Peony Garden
Oil on canvas panel, 12x9
First Brush of Spring plein air - purchase here
These lovely redbuds were bursting with color on the south side of town in the peony garden. The beds are full of buds, but alas, no peonies yet.  The first painting of the second day at the "First Brush of Spring", the fog was still looming.  A beautiful morning, this painting was a joy to paint.  I have used my new brushes exclusively - which tells you just how much I love them!  I have never felt this way before about a brush - but these little wonders are amazing to paint with.  Thank you to my artist friend, Norma, for making sure I had the rest of them before I left town!  Painting number 840 in 840 days.
on location


No comments:

Post a Comment