Thursday, April 2, 2015

Robin Rhapsody

Robin Rhapsody
Oil on canvas panel, 8x6
purchase here
When I arrived home after a very full day, my intention had been to paint my first tulip - and bright orange bloom.  But, as I unloaded the car near the magnolia tree, the sweetest robin was singing in it's branches!  Inspiration springs up in these precious little moments of life - and I always listen.  It doesn't matter if I have a painting already sketched out, I will switch gears on a dime to rise to the occasion! I began this painting with my normal pastel sketch, and fully painted the robin before moving on to branches, blooms, and finally the sky.  Permanent rose is the main color for the magnolias - a great addition for those spring flowers!  Painting number 824 in 824 days :)

10 comments:

  1. I love how you have painted that wonderful magnolia tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting of the robin in the magnolia tree, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This absolutely the sweetest...I can almost feel the happiness of the robin as it sings it's song!! Great piece and you can tell it was done with a lot of heart!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, this is so gorgeous and delicate, my friend!Lovely painting!Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Tammie. It's singing songs of glory. Awesome! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great how you just can paint what you see. Such a sweet robin, and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and sweet -- definitely inspires for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Robin! Thank you for sharing your work and inspirations!

    ReplyDelete