Thursday, April 30, 2015

Winding Creek

Winding Creek
Oil on wood panel, 11x14
Vineyard Hill - Augusta Plein Air Art Event
purchase here
This AMAZING spot was certainly off the beaten path.  I was again in search of water - so I hiked into the woods to see if I could get a good vantage of the creek with the sky reflecting into it.  Hopping some big old logs and dodging poison ivy, I was able to set up near the edge of the 20 foot drop on this creek bank.  What a view!  I love seeking out these beautiful locations, thinking no other artist may have been here - and just maybe I am the only one to capture this beauty in oils!  Bird song and the trickling of water were my companions for this paint - and the bumblebees that kept heading into the bank below me.  It feels like time spent with an old friend when I am surrounded by such beauty.  I may just head out after another creek today!  Painting number 852 in 852 days.
on location

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, what a lovely spot! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Tammie. Watch out for copperheads and ticks if you traipse in the woods. A neighbor got bitten by a copperhead a week or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I want to be sitting on that shore.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to have access to such beauty! The reflection on the water and the light on the leave are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a breath taking place to visit, and you painted it beautifully. Happy PPF! #63

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be a very beautiful spot--your painting is wonderful.

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and you make it feel as though we are right there too! Gorgeous work..the water is amazing.. wow

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a peaceful and tranquil scene.wonderfully painted

    ReplyDelete