Saturday, May 2, 2015

Passionate Peonies

Passionate Peonies
Oil on wood, 12x9
Frisella's Nursery Paint Out
purchase here
Our morning paint out was scheduled for Frisella's Nursery - and wow - the place was brimming with flowers!  These peonies instantly grabbed my attention - and I headed right out to capture them in oils.  These always remind me of my grandmother, and we have these growing in the garden, too.  Another busy plein air day, this was only the first of three! Painting number 854 in 854 days.


9 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted! I love peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a vase of peonies on my desk, same colour - your painting is so beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing painting, Tammie. I love the beautiful variation of colors in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING!! Love this one so much! You have captured my heart! Peony is my favorite flower and also a huge part of my spring memories. Growing up we had a pink bush of them I took them to the teacher at the end of school. Then in my dream home I had a bush that was there when we moved in... I have yet to have them in this place!! Wow a fond memory indeed!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous painting! peopnies are one of my fav. flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peonies, and these are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete