Thursday, May 21, 2015

Salmon Geraniums

Salmon Geraniums
Oil on wood panel, 7x5
sold
On this very, very busy day, I have squeezed in enough painting time to complete this little gem.  Using reference from Tuesday's plein air for the Tri County Art League, I have loosely painted this small panel with my oils.  Donna's salmon geraniums are a perfect subject for a quick paint - composition is easily done with a little zooming into the subject.  It is more pleasing with flowers running off three sides, more dramatic.  Painting number 873 in 873 days.  Stems starts tomorrow - the plein air event at the overland Park Arboretum :)

8 comments:

  1. Ah...how lovely. These colors are so cheerful. I LOVE this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, love what you make! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. Love the soft look ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love geraniums and your painting of them is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Love the color and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would always have big pots of salmon geraniums...this is a gorgeous painting!! I love them so much!! My daughter does the pots now. She likes different flowers than me!!
    Awesome piece!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete