Monday, May 25, 2015

Wild Roses and Iris

Wild Roses and Iris
Mixed media on unstretched canvas, 4x6
purchase here
on location
Today was a baseball tournament day, leaving little time for painting. So, here I have painted a little floral scene from the edge of the old cellar.  Wild roses have snuck into this bed - and I will soon remove them, but for now, they are a nice compliment to the old white and yellow irises.  This is a very small mixed media piece - only 4x6 inches.  I started this one on a white surface, only because I didn't think of toning it until I had already done my pastel sketch!  Building the petals and foliage up with molding paste, I then started the background with oils, as I left the paste drying.  The flowers were the last to be painted, finishing with a little knife work.  I am planning a full day painting at the arboretum tomorrow - I sure hope the weather cooperates!  Painting number 877 in 877 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment