Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hydrangea in White

Hydrangea in White
Oil wood panel, 6x4
purchase here
I had put in a full day - painting classes, the gym, running Michael to weights and baseball practice, followed by plenty of housework and reorganizing.  I was already ahead by a painting, so I didn't really need to paint today.  As everyone was going to bed, I had the desire to paint!  Ideas floated around in my head, and I knew I would never be able to get to sleep without putting them to panel! So, I painted two.  There is something so still and quiet about working at night.  I can really listen to my inner voice when nothing else competes for that attention.  These large, white hydrangeas are popping out all over town - and they are my focus for today.  Ohhhh - I am loving the sweep and flow of them, as they drift so softly in the breeze.  Painting number 898 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment