Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sunflower Study

Sunflower Study
Watercolor on aquaboard, 6x6 - purchase here

Today, I am experimenting with Aquaboard - by Ampersand.  It is an archival paper mounted on what looks like masonite, which can be sealed and framed without glass.  The idea is great - who wants to fool with matting and glass, if its not necessary.  The flow is different of the pigment within areas I first wet with my brush.  Is it because the paper is thinner?  I do LOVE the 300lb coldpressed paper.  I did not mask with this one either, as another baseball tournament game is soon, and there is no time to wait for “drying” today!  I’m on the fence with this surface......in fact, it makes me long for my oils and a palette knife!  Perhaps, I’ll get crazy with that knife tomorrow :) Painting number 909 in 909 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment