Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wine Party Poppies

Wine Party Poppies
Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, 20x16
purchase here
Today is our 32nd wedding anniversary - it seems like just yesterday!  Where does the time go?  In a couple weeks, I will be teaching a Wine and Paint Party for my sorority - and this is the example for that event. Acrylics work best for this kind of event - drying quickly, and they allow glazing as needed.  I have chosen a composition that will be easy to follow with a glass of wine in one hand, brush in the other! The papery petals can be painted easily with large brush strokes. These wine and paint parties are SO fun - I can hardly wait!  This painting makes 900 in 900 days!  Wowza!

8 comments:

  1. Big WOW!! Fantastic painting, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the poppies. I wish I could join you at your wine and paint party. You have reached an admirable number of daily paintings with the 900th. That is so unbelievable to someone like me. And I note that they aren't ATC sized paintings either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the exuberance of your painting!!! and love your ideas too! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! This is gorgeous and will be perfect with wine in hand....Everyone will enjoy having a painting like this to take home!! Very smart idea,,,and fun too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how I wish I could be there-LOVE,LOVE this painting of my favorite flower!! And a happy anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - and where does the time go indeed!
    Gorgeous flowers. Love that orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 32 years is amazing... And so is 900 paintings... The class sounds perfect... Wine and creativity are a great way to spend some time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete