Monday, June 29, 2015

Wooded Lake in Palette Knife

Wooded Lake in Palette Knife
Oil on wood panel, 10x8
purchase here
Another day of palette knife fun! This time, I am tackling a wooded lake scene, and using several different knives.  An elongated one, the trowel shaped end, and a rounded paddle head - all metal ones tonight - breaking with my favorite plastic knife!  And guess what, I didn't hate them!  In fact, I actually liked them.  It was super fun to push and pull that paint, using different strokes to make different marks.  My fav of these three was the paddle shaped knife. It was wonderful for blending large areas, especially when blending one color up against another.  Looking forward to more experimenting with ALL of my knives!  Painting number 911 in 911 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment